Monday, April 16, 2007

tragedy

This is from a bulletin I posted this afternoon on Myspace.

I'm keeping track of the breaking news on CNN.com regarding the massacre at Virginia Tech this morning. So far, 32 (unconfirmed) people are dead, including the gunman, person unknown.

There are reports of students jumping out of classroom windows in a panic to get away from the gunfire. Some students were killed as they sat in classrooms, and some were killed in several buildings, including a large dorm.

So far, this is the worst school shooting. Before that, the record went to Columbine in 1999 and UT Austin (my alma mater) in 1966.

I'm hardly capable of understanding what happened, and it's hard for me to type this. I hope what I reported is accurate.

I'm an atheist and would never proselytize, but I do ask that you keep the students, faculty, and their families in your thoughts, etc.

Read about it here: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/index.html

No comments: