Wednesday, June 20, 2007

In a forest of tall, tall men

The fact that I got five hours of sleep last night was not the reason I was late to work this morning. It should have been, but it wasn't. And it wasn't the two hours of booty-breaking kung fu I did yesterday either. I can still walk today, but barely. No, it was traffic, everywhere I turned, every route I took. Grrrr. But on to better things.

Last night I went with Jason (tall) and Nikola (tall) to see The Rosebuds at the Cavern. It was such a great show. We'd seen them in Boston by chance a few weeks ago and the show was pretty good. But last night's show was a lot more energetic and electric. The audience was full of fans who knew the beats, breakdowns, and lyrics. Of course, there were a couple of those ubiquitous overeager head bobbers in the crowd. You know who you are. You are either so into the song your emotion takes over, or you don't know the song at all and you're trying to make up for that by bobbing your head to the beat a little too much. Either way, you're entertaining.

So Jason and I talked with Ivan (tall) and Kelly (short) about seeing them in Boston. They are super nice and you'd never know they were in a band until you saw them on stage. Real natural people. At the end of the set, the band came into the audience (of tall, tall men) and played a couple acoustic, group-centered songs. We all sang along to a jingle stick, a drumbeat, a guitar, and Kelly's (short) mini-Barbie baby grand piano. Really, I'm not kidding. It looked sort of like this, but old, on a music stand, and with Barbie stickers all over it (oh, and no bench because that would be silly):

I'm on a search for the cute (short) brunette who was snapping photos all night. She got a slew of me standing next to Ivan (tall) and his guitar during the group singing bit. I was real happy and I'd like to see if she captured that. I'll let you know if I find her (and the pics).

2 comments:

rwilkerson said...

well i am a proud ubiquitous overeager head bobber and i challenge you to a bob-off.

Call me Stephanie said...

Oh it's on, my friend!!