Tuesday, October 30, 2007

VIX in West Philadelphia

I visited Philly in March of 2001, and it was love at first sight. The weather was cool and brisk, and offered a nice break from the already rising temperatures in Dallas. My girl Ellen was in grad school at Penn and she lived on Walnut Street, just south of Center City (read: downtown). While she attended classes on urban planning and government this-n-that, I'd hitch rides on their great bus system, headed for CC. I did lots of walking around, people gazing, and visited the original Anthropologie, a beautiful four-story colonial building on Walnut St. (Yes of course, I visited more than once.) I haven't been back since then, but now my jewelry has a chance to go in my stead.



Emily of Precious Meshes and business partner, Sean, are opening VIX Emporium in West Philadelphia. The VIX is not like "Vicks Vapo Rub" but like vee-eye-ex as in the Latin numeral 5009 (with a line over the V), which is their street address. To start, I'm sending them eight wire-wrapped pendant necklaces and four of my signature pottery shard pieces. Their Grand Opening is November 17th. Stop in if you're in the area!

No comments: