Friday, October 26, 2007

Seeing Yellow

There are lots of negative metaphors for the color yellow, most of them defining "cowardly" or "scared." But not my yellow belt. THAT'S RIGHT! I got it. Whew, it was tough but I had such a good time. I love challenges and this one was so much fun! It was very Flashdance-y in that there was a panel of 3 (Mr. Goode, Dr. Harkins - el meromero, and Mr. Moss) and we had to stand in front of them and perform our stuff. I think overall I did really well, tho I had to hang my head in shame at some of my kicks. I was just nervous enough so that my muscles sort of tensed up and acted a little useless. My first form was a little on the craptastic side, but I think I nailed my second form. We went out last night and celebrated my promotion with a little karaoke. You guessed it - I sang Carl Douglas' "Kung Fu Fighting" and had my own little Billy Chans and Sammy Cheungs backing me up (a.k.a. Jen, Jenn, Nikola, and Jason). It was awesome. Since this song came out the year before I was born (uh...1992), there's no video for it. However, YouTube has some crazy dumb user-made videos, and here's the kung fu-iest I could find: Can't wait to join the Yellow Belt classes on Wednesday. Yipee!

No comments: