Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Pushing Daisies

I stayed home sick today. Been sneezing and wheezing all day long. Too much TV. Funny thing is, after all the junk I watched today, the last thing I watched (technically I'm still watching it, and it's just that good that I couldn't wait to blog about it) is Pushing Daisies.



The show is a complete delight. It watches like a fairy tale - a sort of mix of Edward Scissorhands and Willie Wonka. The two main actors are just adorable and the dialogue is quick and witty like Gilmore Girls. (Dangit, I miss GG.) The main guy, Ned, is a piemaker who owns a shop called The Pie Hole. He has a strange gift where he can raise the dead with a touch, and return them to death with a second touch. His lady friend, Chuck, was murdered and so he brought her back to life only this time there was no second touch so now she's alive but they can't touch. One of her two crazy aunts is Ellen Greene as in "Suddenly Seymour" Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors. So Ned and Chuck spend the season trying to find out who murdered her and why. Too cute. Not at all morbid.

I don't normally promote watching TV - I mean, we all do plenty of it as it is - but here goes: watch Pushing Daisies on Tuesday nights at 7 (Gilmore Girls old spot!). And the recurring pie theme reminds me so much of an old whacky and unique favorite, Twin Peaks. But alas, there's no Agent Cooper here.

No comments: