Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Toast to Glasgow (A Nod to Dallas)



My mailbox has been full lately, but not so full or exciting as it was this morning when I recieved my new Belle & Sebastian 2008 wall calendar. Next to my New York Times Sunday crossword weekly agenda, it's the best darn calendar ever. It features photographs taken around Glasgow of band members' favorite spots and haunts. It's extra large and took less than a week to get here. And all the way from across the pond, no less. (You can get one here.) Altho Jason and I cancelled our trip to Scotland to buy our house, I still lament not going. But in time...

So. I got to thinking about my own town and what would be 12 favorite Dallas spots of mine. Here they are:

1. climbing the large oak tree at Tietze Park
2. spinning 'round at Reunion Tower
3. Bishop Arts in Oak Cliff
4. a stroll down Swiss Avenue
5. the Dallas Museum of Art
6. drinks at Lee Harvey's
7. shopping at Northpark (a Dallas pastime)
8. karaoke at Barbara's Pavillion
9. the Inwood Theater
10. visiting the animals at Operation Kindness
11. playing the organ in the chapel at First Pres
12. roller skating around Fair Park

No comments: