Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's a Green Thing

Big thanks to my friend and fellow Etsy Dallasite Alicia for turning me on to Cosa Verde, a new web site dedicated to promoting handmade goods with an eco-twist. I opened up shop and listed three necklaces from my Nuts collection. These pieces are made with nuts and seeds harvested from the rain forest, then processed and dyed naturally. This commerce gives indigenous people jobs, encourages free trade, and preserves the trees and plants they come from (rather than chopping them down, they are spared in order to made these beads). I've got a lot more Nuts in my inventory, including earrings, than are listed in my shop. Thanks to my Ian monster, I don't have a lot of time these days to photograph and add to my shop. (Yeah, blame the baby!) I was the featured shop last week even! While you're browsing the great eco items on Cosa Verde, check out Alicia's Etsy shop. She makes great accessories out of recycled paper from magazines and catalogues. My favorites are her itsy-bitsy pouches:

No comments: