Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday, Etsy Dallas!

Who knew a little message one September afternoon would snowball into what we know today as the leading craft collective in Dallas and beyond? Here's how it all began: "Hi there! I’m looking to start up an Etsy street team focusing on sellers in the Dallas area. To start with, I thought we could meet once a month or at least once a quarter, participate in trunk shows together at our homes, share ad space and the cost of a simple website, etc. In order to get this off the ground, I’ll need to get at least 3-5 fellow Dallas “estiers” on board. Please let me know if you are interested! Cheers, Stephanie" I sent that to over 20 hand-picked Dallas sellers on Etsy back on September 13 and have made some wonderful friends since then, including my Bash partner, Pamela Michelle. Today, Etsy Dallas is leading the handmade movement across the state. In the wake of our formation 2 years ago, several wonderful city teams in Texas have formed, including our crafty friends Etsy Fort Worth, Alamo City Etsy, and Etsy Austin. I am proud to be part of such a movement. Thank you to all who made it possible. Happy 2nd Birthday, Etsy Dallas! {Big thanks to my gal Alicia Colina-Ashby for leading the team Sale-A-Bration. Check out her post on our blog for all the deets! Beginning on September 7th I'll be offering Free Shipping on my Clearance items. More info soon! }

No comments: