Monday, January 14, 2008

My Fat Season

Well folks, my Fat Season is over. I am finally back down to my normal body size, no thanks to the countless cookies, cakes, pies, chocolates, and junkjunkjunk I ate over the holiday season. There was not a munchie that I didn't love with all of my heart.

But for the past 2-3 weeks, I've been on a mission - not a diet, mind you. I don't believe in diets. While diets work, people on diets don't work. So instead of making myself eat crazy wierd stuff for a certain period of time, I told myself to cut out the following: cheese, sweets, cola, and fried crap. So that's what I did. Now, by "cutting out" I mean "staying away from" for most of the time. I definitely believe that if you don't allow yourself a splurge every now and then, you will fall off the wagon and hit your head on the way down. (This does not apply to actual addictions, so don't take my advice if you have a real problem.)

So Saturday I splurged on cheese and crackers. Oh, I love cheese, from the top of my head to all the way down to my toes. After two weeks of virtually no cheese, I declared it Cheese Time and plopped my pajama-clad self down on the bed and munched away. The Saturday before that I decided it was Junky Fast Food time, so I went to KFC and got a mashed potato bowl and loved every minute of it. Knowing that I'm eating well 6 out of 7 days a week allows me to feel zero guilt when I splurge a little.

Now I'm back down to size, and my pants are even a little looser than they were before my Fat Season began. I even told Jason yesterday that I would actually wear a bathing suit now! Whoop, whoop. I daresay, I've lost a little weight too (as opposed to fat), which I plan to pile back on in the form of muscle now that I'm almost over the flu and ready to go back to practicing kung-fu 2-3 times a week.

But I can't help thinking, when will Slim Fast get around to making a Grilled Cheese flavored shake? Mmm, cheese...

No comments: