Monday, January 28, 2008

Mama's Gotta Watch Her Stories, Part II

So while I sit at my studio table making all sorts of fabulous new hair goodies, earrings, and bracelets (some of which I've posted here), I keep the telly on the shows I love to "listen" to.

I know, I know. It would be much more poetic if I listened to Mozart or Belle and Sebatian or Paul Anka while I created my work, but alas. I loves me some boob tube.

And this writers' strike is really getting to me. So much so that I've resorted to rewatching and/or catching up on TV shows of yore. Here are my top favorites:


Gilmore Girls - I will always and forever consider this my super duper favoritest show ever. The pop culture references and influences are enough to keep me steadfastly and forever in love with Lorelai and company. Favorite guest appearances: Norman Mailer, Sonic Youth, Christiane Amanpour.


Six Feet Under - I'm on season 3 now, with 5 episodes to go. Love it, love it. Ruth is my favorite character. She's so bizarre and hilarious. And the way she dresses. Whoa.


Freaks & Geeks - I'm making my way through a second viewing of the entire series (and season, since there was only one). I have three words for you: Carlos the Dwarf. Oh wait, two more words: James Franco.


Twin Peaks - There is a special place in my heart for this twisted little tale. I will always have a girl crush on Audrey Horne, and a real crush on Agent Dale Cooper. Mmmm, I could go for a cup of joe and a slice of Norma's cherry pie....

No comments: