Monday, April 21, 2008

Memory Lapse

I can't believe I didn't blog about this. Man.

About three weeks ago I finally made it through all five seasons of Six Feet Under. I delayed watching the last disk because I simply did not want it to end. It was like saying goodbye to an old friend. I finally did watch the last episode and made sure my surroundings were perfect. I was alone, in bed, lights down low, Oliver at my feet.

When the final scene came on, I was silent. Just silent. It didn't really sink in, but I knew it would eventually. The next day I watched the last scene again, and this time I sobbed silently, tears staining my bedsheets, strange looks from Oliver. If you haven't seen the series, do it now. Get yourself a Netflix membership and start from the beginning with season 1, episode 1.

To fill the void, I'm now working my way through The Tudors. It's good, really good, but it's just not the same.

Funny how imaginary people and places can really grab hold of you.

No comments: