Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Good Records, Indeed

This past Saturday J and I went to an estate sale. I bought a large, beautiful antique sideboard from my pal Santo Gay for $100. What for? Hmmm, let's just say it's for future use, and leave it at that. Afterwards, we headed over to Good Records to help them celebrate their 8th anniversary. I had a raspberry sno-cone. Also, I knew I was in store for a week of pledge drive crud on KERA-NPR (Give if you haven't already!), so I wanted some new tunes to listen to on the commute to and from work. Here's what I bought: The Pogues - Hell's Ditch Kelly Stolz - Below the Branches Broken Social Scene - self-titled Camera Obscura - Underacheivers, Please Try Harder Elliott Smith - Figure 8 Sufjan Stevens - Come On Feel the Illinoise Forgot to buy: The Stills - Without Feathers Portastic - Be Still Please The Sea and Cake - Glass Dangit. I must be cute b/c because the boys at Good Records handed me a goody bag chock full of CD's, a magazine, and some pinbacks.......hmmm. I'm especially stoked about the Matador Records sampler. Oh, and The Kooks single I got is going straight to Nikola. He digs those young Brits. Swell!

No comments: