Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weekend Thrift Finds

In search of a little retail therapy, Ian and I hit the aisles of a few local thrift stores this past Saturday and Sunday. Along with great indie businesses and restaurants, Oak Cliff has a lot to offer by way of thrift shopping, and I scored some awesome finds over the weekend. Don't be jealous.
This poster stopped me dead in my tracks. There is so much weirdness going on here, I don't even know where to begin (click image for a larger view). Illustrated by Lionel Kalish, I'm sure this 3M ad campaign from the 60's has a message, but I don't know what it is.

A flirty little French revolution girl plays with a toy and looks all sweet and cute.

Ian's gotta have his frogs and turtles. Seriously, it's like an obsession.

Why yes, this is a brand new Fossil bag!
Ahoy matey! This nautical print will look even better once I paint the frame red.

Give the little Dutch girl a kiss already.

I couldn't resist the perfectly plump little basket flower thingies.

A $13 solid oak mirror. Who could resist? (Hi Oliver!) Last but not least, these new shoes are perfect for the librarian look!

"I'd Rather Be Thrifting" poster by http://www.blogger.com/www.ashleyg.etsy.com.

No comments: