Monday, August 10, 2009

Tefi Loves: Shopping Locally

We hear all the time how important it is to shop locally for the ecenomy, the environment, yada yada. Well, it's true! But my favorite part is that I get meaningful, handmade items to fill up my life, rather than Made In China crippy-crap from the mall.
Little Peanut Onesie by Harrilu Bought this at the Spring Fling in Fort Worth. Peanut was Ian's nickname when I was preggers. Recycled Paper Garland by Alicia Colina-Ashby I won this at an Etsy Dallas party silent auction and plan to decorate my Xmas tree with it this year. Custom "Ian" Art Necklace by Pamela Michelle In honor of my son Ian, this is the only non-Tefi necklace I wear; and I wear it proudly! Sailor Zipper Pouch

by Cut Out and Collect I carry Ian's nursing rag, pacifier, and other small items in this adorable pouch. Cathedral Votive by the Kessler Craftsman This gorgeous votive brightens up my sewing table. Cupcake Beaded Pen by MandiBeads I proudly use this at shows to write up receipts! Cucumber Melon Soap by The Pig & the Peacock I bought these and some candles as baby shower hostess Thank You gifts. My mistake was not buying myself some! Pride & Prejudice Buttons by Manhandled Okay, so this wasn't actually a purchase since Emily gave them to me as a gift. But I covered my show apron with them. Gotta keep Mr. Darcy near and dear. Custom Head Warmer by Karmacrochet I don't have a pic of this yet, so I'm including her beautiful Cranberry red neckwarmer. Frosted Donut Soaps by Soapopotamus These soaps are seriously cute and make great gifts. I bought some for my quirky dad.
As luck would have it, all of these fabulous Etsy Dallas members will be at the 2nd Annual Jingle Bash this November 21st at the Sons of Hermann Hall in Dallas. Buy your loved ones meaningful gifts this year - SHOP HANDMADE AT THE BASH!

No comments: