Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Scratch-n-Sniff

As I got up from my desk this morning to get that necessary second cup of coffee, I caught a whiff of myself. I just looooove the perfume I'm wearing. Jason got it for me for my birthday back in May after I sniffed it on Ellen. It's one of the many Christian Dior perfumes - called Addict 2 - it comes in a pretty pink bottle.



Another recent fave of mine is DKNY's Be Delicious. The scent comes in a funky green bottle that looks a bit like a blobby spacecraft, and I half expect little green spacemen to come tromping out every time I spritz myself. It was a tad on the pricey side, even at the cheap-o perfume place in the mall, but well worth every drop.



I'm reminded of the book Perfume by Patrick Suskind. I read it back in college and loved it, thanks mostly in part to my odd sense of smell and my beloved nose, a.k.a. The Super Sniffer. The book is weird and creepy and so interesting. (Francophiles beware: the main character, a rogue murderer, is named Grenouille. But are you surprised? The author is German!) I'd let you borrow it, but it is strangley absent from my shelf. I think I lent it to J_____ years ago. She's a bit on the crazy side and we don't talk anymore so I'll just have to let that one go...

And speaking of smelly goodness, do you remember these? I had them all over my Trapper Keeper!

No comments: